The Mahatma Gandhi Center aims to mainstream the ideas of Gandhi towards developing a new and enabling perspective from Hindu philosophical tradition to make world a better place to live. It encourages dialogue among civilizations and cultures as through sharing, cross-cultural exchanges and cross-fertilization of ideas, the world can be a peaceful place.
The goals of the Center are the following:
- To factor ideas of Mahatma Gandhi and other Indian thinkers in academic and policy debates towards development of rich and multiple perspectives and pathways to address gap between principles and practice.
- To examine relevance of Mahatma Gandhi for contemporary global problems including, but not limited to, inter-state and intra-state conflicts, climate change, religious extremism, rich-poor divide, education, economic development and women empowerment.
- To explore relevance of Gandhian ideas such as frugal economy, gram swaraj (grass-roots democracy), Ram Rajya (ideal state), trusteeship, social service, swadeshi (self-reliance), bread-labor, social and religious harmony, and optimal use of resources
- To promote dialogue among cultures and civilizations.
- Organizing conferences, webinars, workshops and summer schools.
- Organizing public lectures by eminent scholars.
- Developing and offering certificate and degree program on Mahatma Gandhi and other Indian thinkers.
- Networking and collaborating with institutions working on issues related to peace and non-violence.
- Publishing articles in referee journals, authoring and editing books.
- Developing projects on Gandhi and other Indian thinkers.
Degrees: Doctoral, Master’s, Diploma and Certificate
We believe age is a number and learning is lifelong. We, hence, invite all eligible learners to enroll in various programs offered by the Center. The Center offers doctoral degree (thesis-only/course-based). A Masters program in Conflict, Peace and Hindu Philosophy was launched in July 2017. A new Masters program in Gandhian conflict resolution will be launched soon. The Center also offers certificate and diploma courses.
www.hua.edu/ email@example.com/ 407-275-0013