Beginning Shuddh Hindi – Learning Objectives:
- Build a vocabulary of at least 500 words in Hindi (nouns, pronouns, and verbs)
- Make simple sentences in all three persons
- Learn how to make requests and instructional statements
- Learn how to ask questions
- Recite simple Hindi words and phrases through listening, with the correct pronunciation.
- Listen to and recite simple songs.
- Engage in simple conversations.
- Locative case: Simple sentences with 4 or more words using “mein”, “par”, “vahAn”, “yahAn”, “kahAn” etc.
- The first and second person pronouns and their corresponding verbs, both singular and plural
- Possessive case: Using “kA”, “ke”, “kii”
- The third person
- Building interrogative and affirmative sentences
- Use of “merA”, “mere”, “merii”
- Use of “tum” and “Ap” and their impact on the verb
- Use of “bhii”, “mat”, and “ke liye”
- Build sentences in simple present tense
- Requests and commands
- The simple future tense
- Simple synonyms and antonyms
- Simple conversations using etiquette words
Required / Elective: Required
Prerequisites: Admission into CPSH , completion of HIN0101
Faculty / Instructor: Dr. Shraddha Modi, Chandrasekar Raghu
Program of Study: Certificate Program in Shuddh Hindi (CPSH)
Start Date: January 18, 2023
End Date: March 22, 2023
Time: 08:00 PM EST – 09:30 PM EST
Quarter Offered: Winter 2023