The contents of this course correspond to a contemporary High School level syllabus, and include the following concepts:
- Why is negative times negative a positive?
- To find an unknown quantity – Equations involving one variable.
- Combinatorics – Mathematics of choices and arrangements
- Quadratic Equations
- Progressions – Arithmetic and Geometric
- Baudhayana’s Sulbastura (Pythagoras Theorem)
- Binary Number system from Pingala’s Chandahshastra
- Distance, Speed and Time
- Kaprekar’s constants
- Ramanujan’s Infinite Nested Radicals
Course Learning Objectives:
In this course, Students will:
- Enhance their problem-solving skills
- Clarify basic Mathematical concepts
- Develop a deeper interest and passion for Mathematics
- Build a strong foundation for Higher Mathematics
- Appreciate India’s contributions to the foundations of Mathematics
There will be a minimum of 2 contact hours with the faculty every week. While the content being discussed in each class will be concluded within 60 minutes, the discussion time will be free format and can continue for an additional 30 minutes maximum. Additional problems will be given as assignments for practice.
Area of Study: Hindu Studies Foundation
Program of Study: Continuing Education, Certificate Program in Hindu Studies
Required / Elective: Required
Prerequisites: This course is for anyone studying in Grade 9 and above.
Faculty / Instructor: Chandrahas Halai
Start Date: 13th July 2021
End Date: 14th August 2021
Time: 11:00 am EST – 12:00 pm EST
Day: Tuesday & Saturday
Quarter Offered: Summer 2021