The Hindu University of America is guided by the following Foundational “Promises”.
- Excellence: To foster excellence in teaching, research, and student experience.
- Authenticity: To enable the recovery of traditional and indigenous knowledge systems
- Dialog: To create a space of open dialog across disciplines, cultures, and civilizations
- Relevance: To address contemporary concerns and needs of society
- Diversity: To explore both similarity and differences across traditions and cultures
- Partnership: To collaborate with organizations, universities, communities, and Ashrams
- Reverence: To engage respectfully with our environment and all beings within it
- Impact: To make a transformative impact of surprising scope on all stakeholders