International Students

Prospective students from countries other than USA have essentially the same admission requirements. Students from countries where universities do not issue transcripts directly to Universities in the USA, may send copies of their degree certificates duly attested by proper authorities, and a letter of recommendation from a university academic.

Degrees in languages other than English should accompany their certified ‘True Translation.’ The University shall exercise a right to establish the equivalence of foreign degrees on a case by case basis. Expenses for this activity will be the responsibility of the applicant. The applicant may also get his/her records evaluated by a private agency. One such agency is

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.P.O. Box 514070, Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470 Phone: (414) 289-3400

Other agencies are also available.
In general, it is not necessary to travel to the USA for studies with the Hindu University of America. The University does not process I-20 or other documents for granting ‘student visas’, to admit students at the present stage but will work the Immigration office of federal US Government to get such permission, on a case by case basis.

Students who do not speak English natively must submit evidence of their proficiency in the English language or will have to be certified by the office of the Academic Affairs at HUA.