Dr. D.K. Hema Hari was born in Mysore and grew up in Bombay. She double graduated in Physics and in Computer Technology from Bombay University. She has been a PMI certified Project Management Professional for 12 years.
She started her career in Tata Consultancy Services in 1989 and after spending the first 10 years of her career there, moved to CSC India, where she spent the next decade of her career, in a Senior management capacity.
Her 20 years career span in Information Technology focused mainly on managing Innovation and nurturing new technologies by providing Consulting, Mentoring and Business Development support for the same.
She has travelled widely to many countries and also within India on professional as well as on personal grounds, which gave her an opportunity to learn about various cultures and widen her horizons.
In The Field Of Civilizational Studies
Dr.D.K.Hema Hari and her husband, Dr. D.K. Hari, together, started the Bharath Gyan initiative in Civilizational Studies in the year 2000. Bharath Gyan follows an interdisciplinary approach to researching on India from an Indian perspective and provides an integrated, Indic narrative of the Indian civilization.
Till date in 2020, based on a researched compilation of 500+ hours of multimedia content across 108+ subjects, she and her husband have coauthored and brought out the following publications on the Indian Civilization.
- 40 books on the Indian Civilization in English and their translations into Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Gujarati, and Tamil
- 300 short films on Indian Civilization for Social Media
- 5 Documentaries
- 60 Mini books
- Regular contribution of articles to various magazines
- Daily updates of the significance of the day on Facebook and Twitter.
They have given over 250 joint multimedia talks, in India and abroad on diverse subjects to wide audiences such as
- International conferences including
- Civil BRICS,
- Pravasi Bharatiya Divas,
- World Sanskrit Conferences,
- KAICIID Interfaith Conferences organized by the Vatican, King of Saudi, Austrian Govt,
- World Ramayana Conferences,
- Conferences on Mahabharata,
- Conferences on Veda, Cosmology, Science, Technology and Spirituality
- International Women’s Conferences,
- Ramayana Conferences for Tour Operators in Sri Lanka etc.
- Research institutions eg. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indian Institute of Sciences (IISc), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Coast Guard, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL)…
- TED conducted talks
- Educational institutions, both private and public funded schools and colleges, various University Departments, UGC Faculty Refresher Courses etc.
- Professional bodies such as Project Management Institute (PMI), Madras Management Association (MMA), FICCI Ladies Organization (FLO), Madras Bar Association etc.
- Social Forums, Organizations and NGOs in the field of Water, Agriculture, Education, Women’s Empowerment, Ancient Knowledge Systems etc. and
- Many Television Interviews – Live and Recorded
She has been a member of the Civil BRICS delegation to Moscow in 2015.
Bharath Gyan is a Knowledge Partner for the Bharat Ko Janiye program of the Ministry of External Affairs.
Besides having founded Bharath Gyan, she also volunteers with a few community-based organizations in the field of health, education and culture. She has trained in vocal Carnatic music and enjoys practicing music and fine arts as a hobby.
Awards and Recognitions
- Honoris Causa Doctorate, Ph.D awarded by Sri Sri University on September 5th, 2019 for 2 decades of research in Civilizational Studies and publishing many books, films and writings.
- Shri. B.R.Haran Memorial Award on August 14th, 2019
- Visalakshi Award from the Art of Living in Bengaluru, on February 23rd,2018 for the pioneering efforts to repurpose ancient knowledge for the modern age.
- Opinions on Bharath Gyan compilation, from prominent persons in society such as
- Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam, Former President of India
- Mr.Amitabh Bachchan,
- Pujya Sri Pramukh Swami ji of Swami Narayan BAPS,
- Swami Dayananda Saraswathi etc.