Founder Chairman & MD, Pradeep Metals Limited
Pradeep Goyal was brought up in Mumbai in a family with a background of technical and social work.
He completed his B Tech in Metallurgical Engineering at IIT Kanpur in 1978, graduating with the First Rank. Awarded silver medal by the President of India.
Indian Institute of Metals awarded him the Best Metallurgist of the year.
He completed Masters in Metallurgy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA, with a full scholarship.
After a small stint of work in the USA, returned to India in 1983 to start PRADEEP METALS LIMITED. The company manufactures and exports machined forgings.
- Trustee of ASM International USA for a term of three years (2005-2008).
- Conducting research in a novel manufacturing process to manufacture steel using microwaves. Potential to save 50% energy and reduce greenhouse gases by 50%.
- Past Assistant Governor of Rotary International District 3141.
- Chairman of Ekal Abhiyan Trust, an NGO that runs over 100,000 single teacher schools in tribal areas of India, teaching 2.8 million children up to 3rd grade. Recently awarded the Gandhi Peace prize for the year 2017.
BUSINESS – DIRECTORSHIPS/BOARD POSITIONS
- UPL Limited
- Hind Rectifiers Limited
- IIT Bombay Research Park
- Technology Development Board GOI
- Janakalyan Sahakari Bank Limited (Former Vice Chairman)
- National Foundry and Forge Technology