- 4 types of sandhis (svara-sandhi, guNa-sandhi, vRuddhi-sandhi, and yaN-sandhi)
- Prose order (anvaya-krama)
- Atmanepada verbs
- karmaNi-prayoga (Passive voice)
- bhAve-prayoga (Impersonal voice)
- “kta” usage
- Introduction to 4 great poets of Sanskrit literature (vAlmeeki, vyAsa, mAgha, and kAlidAsa)
Learning Objectives: In this course, students will be able to:
- Distinguish some of the basic types of conjugates.
- Express sentences in different voices and verb endings.
- Capture the essence of the biographies of great poets; and
- Practice their skills at writing simple stories and essays.
Required / Elective: Required
Area of Study: Sanskrit Studies
Program of Study: Certificate Program in Sanskrit Proficiency (CP SP)
Prerequisites: Successful completion of SAN0401
Start Date: October 18, 2022
End Date: December 20, 2022
Day: Every Tuesday
Time: 08: 00 pm EST – 9:30 pm EST
Quarter Offered: Fall 2022