This course is structured in the form of one Quarter (10 weeks, 1.5 hours per week). Students will take an exam at the end of the course during the 11th week. Structured innovatively using the curriculum and textbooks designed by Samskrita Bharati USA (SBusa.org), the course will be based upon material contained in the SB – USA – published books, ” ARUNA” “UDAYA”& “AYANAM” augmented with other appropriate course content.
This course is structured to allow a beginner level student to start listening, writing, and reading the DevanAgari Script through a streamlined set of exercises.
In this course the students will be able to:
- Understand the origin of various sounds in Sanskrit.
- Pronouncing and writing the Sanskrit alphabets that are single letters, both vowels, and consonants.
- Pronouncing and writing the Sanskrit combination letters and using them in forming words.
- Reciting simple Sanskrit verses with the correct pronunciation.
- Listen to and recite simple songs.
- Engage in simple conversations.
Prerequisites: Admission to Program of Study
Area of Study: Sanskrit Studies
Program of Study: Certificate Program in Sanskrit Proficiency (CP SP)
Start Date: July 16, 2022
End Date: September 17, 2022
Time: 08:00 PM EST – 09:30 PM EST
Quarter Offered: Summer 2022