This course is structured in the form of one Quarter (10 weeks, 1.5 hours per week). Students will take an exam at the end of the course during the 11th week. Structured innovatively using the curriculum and textbooks designed by Samskrita Bharati USA (SBusa.org), the course will be based upon material contained in the SB – USA – published books, “SAARINEE”, augmented with other appropriate course content.
This course is structured to allow a beginner level student to start listening, writing, and reading the DevanAgari Script through a streamlined set of exercises.
- Refresh the origin of various sounds in Sanskrit. Pronouncing and writing the Sanskrit alphabets that are single letters, both vowels, and consonants.
- Pronouncing and writing the Sanskrit combination letters and using them in forming words.
- Reciting simple Sanskrit verses with the correct pronunciation. Reading and writing simple prose passages in Devanagari and building basic vocabulary.
- Vowels & Consonants
- Use of two and three letter combinations
- Expanding the vocabulary through nouns, pronouns, and verbs
- Reading exercises
- Daily routine shlokas (dinacharyA)
Area of Study: Sanskrit Studies
Program of Study: Certificate Program in Beginner Sanskrit
Prerequisites: Successful completion of SAN0101
Quarter Offered: Spring 2022
Start Date: April 10, 2022
End Date: June 19, 2022
Day: Every Sunday
Time: 11:00 am EST – 12:30 pm EST