Using the knowledge obtained through previous yoga studies courses, students will be able to implement their knowledge of yoga instruction in the field. Initially, students will shadow experienced yoga instructors as they teach various classes, such as dynamic, relaxing, loosening, and strengthening yoga sessions of varying lengths. Students will learn how to deliver a diverse set of yoga classes to a variety of audiences from different age groups. Upon shadowing instructors, students will teach yoga classes with a mentor, eventually teaching on their own under a mentor’s supervision. After receiving feedback from an experienced yoga teacher, students will implement the feedback and hone their teaching skills. At the end of the course, students will complete a written final examination and a practical exam where their teaching skills will be evaluated.
- Learn how to teach yoga to students in a field setting.
- Utilize yoga teaching techniques to deliver a smooth yoga teaching experience.
- Gather and implement feedback from seasoned yoga instructors regarding improving teaching techniques.
- Understand how to teach different types of yoga classes.
- Learn how to teach yoga to various different audience groups such as children, adults, and seniors.
Prerequisites: Must have completed Teaching Holistic Yoga.
Quarter Offered: All Quarters.
Area of Study:- Yoga Studies